Thursday, May 1, 2008

My Favourite Place in Nova Scotia

My brother's dog, JesseThis weekend, I'm heading down to my cottage on Lake George in the Annapolis Valley, about 20 minutes south of Kentville. I've been spending time at Lake George since I was in my mother's stomach. This marks my first trip of the 2008 summer season.

Sunset at Lake George, Annapolis Valley, Nova ScotiaThere is always fun to be had at the lake and in the Annapolis Valley. This time of year, while the water's too cold to swim, my boyfriend Steve and I plan day trips to attractions in the area. If the weather's fair this weekend, we're going to hike Cape Split on the Bay of Fundy. Alternatively, we may also do our annual trip to Oaklawn Zoo in Aylesford. There is so much to see and do!

Personally, I can't wait to sit back and enjoy the sunset after a nice meal and over a blazing bon fire. I also love the second-hand shopping at Frenchy's, but nothing compares to the people down home. We sure know how to have a good time together!

2 comments:

Bonita said...

Beautiful photos Jazmine!

Jazmine said...

Thanks so much Bonita! Steve and I are really enjoying this new blog/photo project. It's so nice to have a place to share photos of our homeland. =)