Thursday, May 8, 2008

Halifax - My Other Favourite Place in Nova Scotia

When I graduated from high school in the Annapolis Valley, I moved to Halifax for my Public Relations degree at Mount Saint Vincent University.

Then, I moved to Ontario after my degree and spent six wonderful years in Ottawa and Toronto before moving back to my homeland in June 2006.

Halifax FerryFor me, living in Halifax is a perfect combination of urban living, and access to my country roots in the Annapolis Valley. It only takes about an hour-and-a-half to drive to my home town of Berwick and my cottage in the Annapolis Valley.

To feature Halifax, I'm happy to present this beautiful photo of the Dartmouth-Halifax Harbour Ferry by Terry McCulloch. The ferry is on its way back to downtown, and I love how the sun's rays accent the buildings that line the harbour.

Blue Nose MarathonAlso, last weekend in Halifax, my friends and family got together to cheer participants on in the Blue Nose Marathon. From just beneath the Clock Tower on Citadel Hill, we watched the marathon and half-marathon runners take their mark, set, go!!!

No comments: