Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rissers Beach, South Shore, Nova Scotia

Rissers Beach Provincial ParkMy friend Mike sent me an email with these adorable shots of his family and friends at Rissers Beach on the South Shore of Nova Scotia.

I love Rissers Beach. I worked there as a lifeguard during high school. I was stationed at a fresh water beach in the Annapolis Valley, and I chose Rissers for a couple of beach exchanges to get some experience at and ocean beach.

Rissers Beach Provincial ParkAlthough it depends on the season, the beach usually has very few rocks and beautifully fine sand for miles and miles. The waves are typically small and the water deepens gradually, making Rissers a great beach to visit with small children. You can even follow in Mike's footsteps and plan a family weekend at the nearby Rissers Beach Provincial Park. I hear Mike's family and friends had a fabulous time.

Rissers Beach is close to LaHave and Bridgewater. Every time I visit, I make sure to plan a stop along the way at the LaHave Bakery. There are always lots of tasty treats on display to help me prepare for a lovely picnic on the beach.

No comments: