Thursday, July 3, 2008

Halifax Club Luncheon Theatre, Nova Scotia

Halifax Club Luncheon TheatreUntil early Fall, the Halifax Club is serving lunch, afternoon tea, and high tea with a twist.

I checked out one of this season's theatrical luncheons, and I was delighted to experience hilarious interactive performances, dating back to the 1800s. The Cunard family wowed me with their dated outlook on the world. For example, when I took out my digital camera, I got some pretty funny looks. They had never seen the likes!

Halifax Club Luncheon TheatreWe were served delicious tea, sandwiches and squares while we watched the performers tell stories about the goings on in Halifax at the time.

From time to time the actors engaged the audience. All of the tables were brimming with happy participants. It was a wonderful way to clear my head over lunch and take in some Nova Scotia history.

No comments: