Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Lunenburg, South Shore, Nova Scotia

Bluenose III heard today that Lunenburg ranked 16th in Trip Advisor's 2008 top 25 travel destinations in Canada. I'm very impressed that this quaint little fishing village on the South Shore of Nova Scotia, and home to the Bluenose II, is such a popular destination Canada-wide.

The news reminded me to plan my annual trip down to Lunenburg this summer to see what's new at the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic, wave to this year's Bluenose II crew, and enjoy some fish cakes with rhubarb chutney at my favourite Lunenburg restaurant - Magnolia's Grill.

Happily, my friend Cordell recently attended the Toronto Nautical Festival, and he shared this great shot of himself with our beloved Bluenose II tall ship in the background.

No comments: