Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Between a rock and a soft seat

Economy, Nova Scotia

Today, I decided to venture off the Trans Canada Highway and meander through the communities of Bass River and Five Islands on my way to Parrsboro. Route #2, "The Glooscap Trail", hugs the coast of the Minas Basin. This area is known for its powerful tides, courtesy of the Bay of Fundy. This is a route where drivers wish they were passengers so they can fully appreciate the scenery.

I knew that I just had to pull over, somewhere, anywhere. So just outside the village of Lower Economy and just before Five Islands Provincial Park, I turned left at Soley Cove Road. This windy gravel road, led past farmers fields to a large guard rail. Now, one knows a of popular spot when you notice the car tire prints from the hundreds of cars who also stopped there before you.

After soaking up the beauty of the Bay of Fundy, I jumped back in my car and drove about 500 meters to a dead end. It was also where a funky coach was sitting in a field. As a friend often informs me, it must've been "good garbage week". Because for someone, this couch would be a real "find".

I like to think this couch is saying, "enjoy the scenery, with the comfort of home".

No comments: